Home  |  Products  |  Downloads  |  Registration  |  Forums  |  Support  |  Database  |  My Profiler  |  T-Shirt Contest
Forums

The InterVocative forums are now closed to new postings.

Please visit the Invelos forums at www.invelos.com for DVD Profiler and related discussion.

These forums will remain available for reading indefinitely.

IVS Forums->DVD Profiler: Feature Requests Page: 1... 23 24 25  Previous   Next
The Big IVS Wishlist Thread (Locked)
Author Message
wtmac
Helmet Laws Suck
Registered: September 23, 2006
Posts: 182
Posted:
Email this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collection
I think the answer is always on Monday
Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.
MatrixTom
Registered: April 9, 2004
Posts: 931
Posted:
View this user's DVD collection
How much money does Ken need to continue development of DVD Profiler, or to hire some people to do the job?

We are waiting too long for a new version, even for an up to date Contribution Rules There are so many great feature requests here, it's also way time to include "HD" features
Touti
Registered: January 18, 2001
Posts: 1,616
Posted:
Email this userVisit this user's homepage
Quoting MatrixTom:
Quote:
How much money does Ken need to continue development of DVD Profiler, or to hire some people to do the job?

We are waiting too long for a new version, even for an up to date Contribution Rules There are so many great feature requests here, it's also way time to include "HD" features


What makes you think it's a money issue ?
DVD Collectors Online
pacaway
Registered: October 5, 2002
Posts: 511
Posted:
Quoting Touti:
Quote:
Quoting MatrixTom:
Quote:
How much money does Ken need to continue development of DVD Profiler, or to hire some people to do the job?

We are waiting too long for a new version, even for an up to date Contribution Rules There are so many great feature requests here, it's also way time to include "HD" features


What makes you think it's a money issue ?


I don't think there is any way this is about money!  If that's what it was, Ken would say so, so that more would be encouraged to buy.
I don't think they've ever made money from this software.  Not at this price point, and with so many using it for free.  There's just too much functionality in the free version.  They should scale it back to a time limited thing or something.
Anyway, it's not money, IMHO.  Most likely a legal thing.
I hope it gets sorted out, but in the meantime, the product works great with the features already available.
Of course, I'm not a HiDef disc owner yet, so "mileage may vary".
in canada, no one can hear you scream
Battling Butler
the painted veil
Registered: January 11, 2005
Posts: 880
Posted:
View this user's DVD collection
Get over to DVD Profiler 3.0 to find out how many of your wishes came true .........

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/
anthonyd
Registered: February 20, 2002
Posts: 5
Posted:
Visit this user's homepage
Quoting Battling Butler:
Quote:
Get over to DVD Profiler 3.0 to find out how many of your wishes came true .........

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/



Ummm...where is this elusive 3.0 release residing? There's no indication of it on the Web site.

Also - what legal issues are there surrounding DVD Profiler? And why would they surface now?

There hasn't been any information on a newer version in 2 years. It doesn't bode well for those of us who want to get the paid version - does my $30 end up in the gutter somewhere if the programmers flee?
Lithurge
Registered: January 2, 2002
Posts: 4,125
Posted:
Email this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collection
Quoting anthonyd:
Quote:


Ummm...where is this elusive 3.0 release residing? There's no indication of it on the Web site.



go to www.invelos.com
Nick

Not to understand a man's purpose, does not make him confused.
anthonyd
Registered: February 20, 2002
Posts: 5
Posted:
Visit this user's homepage
Thank you so much for that link!

Why the heck wasn't anything mentioned here?

What's going on behind the scenes??
lyonsden5
Registered: May 11, 2003
Posts: 4,014
Posted:
Quoting anthonyd:
Quote:
Thank you so much for that link!

Why the heck wasn't anything mentioned here?

What's going on behind the scenes??


Check the FAQs at the other site. It will answer a lot of your questions
Rick
IVS Forums->DVD Profiler: Feature Requests Page: 1... 23 24 25  Previous   Next